Links faces damages payout after new ruling in $55m negligence case
Linklaters has received a setback in its $55m (£37m) court battle with Levicom after the telecoms company successfully appealed an earlier ruling which saw the magic circle firm escape a multimillion-dollar payout for alleged negligence. The judgment, which was handed down in the Court of Appeal this morning (11 May) by Lord Justice Jacob, Lord Justice Lloyd and Lord Justice Stanley Burnton, will see the level of damages due to Levicom reassessed, with Linklaters now potentially liable for a multimillion-dollar settlement.
Linklaters has received a setback in its $55m (£37m) court battle with Levicom after the telecoms company today successfully appealed an earlier ruling which saw the magic circle firm escape a multimillion-dollar payout for alleged negligence.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651