Former Freshfields partner set to launch City tax practice for US firm
Vinson & Elkins has launched a London tax practice with the hire of former Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer partner Michael Thompson. Thompson, who has been at Freshfields for over 20 years, joined the London office of the US firm earlier this month. He made partner at Freshfields in 1985 and has been a consultant at the firm for the last five years. He has particular experience in advising clients involved in oil and gas exploration, production, refining and marketing.
Vinson & Elkins has launched a London tax practice with the hire of former Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer partner Michael Thompson.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651