Career Clinic: What can I do to stand out from the crowd?
"I'm looking to start a career in law and I'd like to know what activities I can do alongside my studies to make myself stand out from the crowd. I already have a background that makes me a little different - I'm not a law graduate, I'm a parliamentary researcher changing to law in my mid-twenties. I have a BA and an MA from a redbrick university, both graded high 2.1. However, I know that by the time I've finished studying, and the economic climate has (hopefully) improved, I'll face huge competition to gain a training contract at a good firm.
“I’m looking to start a career in law and I’d like to know what activities I can do alongside my studies to make myself stand out from the crowd.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651