Career Clinic: Am I being too honest in my job applications?
"I am due to start my training contract in September with a medium-sized City firm. I had been paralegaling for 14 months, but had to resign last year due to the bereavement of my parents who were retired in Australia. Since returning to the UK last September I have applied for numerous paralegal jobs and have not been successful. I am not sure whether this is because I have been honest about when I am due to start my training.
“I am due to start my training contract in September with a medium-sized City firm. Up until last year I had been paralegaling for 14 months, but had to resign due to the bereavement of my parents who were retired in Australia.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651