A&O secures pole position in 2009 projects rankings but debt shortage hits deal activity
Allen & Overy (A&O) has topped the global project finance league tables for 2009 by value and volume according to new research that shows last year's leader, Clifford Chance (CC), falling into fifth place. Infrastructure Journal's (IJ) 2009 global rankings of legal advisers on project finance transactions shows A&O advised on deals worth $23.9bn (£14.8bn). That tally, which included a role advising the 12 banks supporting the £1.5bn financing for Global Infrastructure Partners' successful bid for Gatwick Airport in October 2009, gave A&O a 6.2% share of a much-depleted market.
A&O, White & Case and Linklaters head global project rankings; Links takes the lead on renewables
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651