European law firm of the year
"A fantastic firm," said one of the judges of Uria Menendez. Another member of the judging panel singled out a commitment by the Spanish law firm not to make redundancies in the face of the worst market conditions for a generation. The eye-catching pledge was made by Uria's co-managing partner, Jose Maria Segovia. In January 2009, he promised to "hire lawyers, pay the same salaries and not carry out redundancies", adding that "if things do not work out well then the partners will just make less money". The firm argues that its commitment to hold on to its staff has put it in a good position to emerge from the recession more quickly than other firms.
“A fantastic firm,” said one of the judges of Uria Menendez. Another member of the judging panel singled out a commitment by the Spanish law firm not to make redundancies in the face of the worst market conditions for a generation.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651