Career Clinic: I'm not interested in promotion!
"I'm an associate at a City firm - I've been in my current role for a while now, and unlike many of the naysayers I often read posting on this site, I actually enjoy my work. I'm happy in my team, I like my colleagues and I have a decent work/life balance. My boss has recently started to suggest that I should be looking to move to the next level. He wants me to get more involved in business development and take on more responsibility in terms of managing new people joining the team.
“I’m an associate at a City firm – I’ve been in my current role for a while now, and unlike many of the naysayers I often read posting on this site, I actually enjoy my work. I’m happy in my team, I like my colleagues and I have a decent work/life balance.”
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651