Kirkland set for second Asia base with Shanghai office launch
Kirkland & Ellis is set to launch in Shanghai after receiving approval from the Chinese Ministry of Justice. The Chicago leader will open the new office towards the end of this year - marking its second office in the region following its 2006 Hong Kong launch. Kirkland plans to integrate the two offices and will relocate Hong Kong private equity partner Xiaoyang Li to lead the Shanghai practice. Corporate partner Chuan Li will also transfer to the new base from Hong Kong.
Kirkland & Ellis is set to launch in Shanghai after receiving approval from the Chinese Ministry of Justice.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651