Career Clinic: Is a London TC better than training in the regions?
"I secured a training contract with a regional office of a large international firm back in 2007 to start in 2009 but, as expected, I have been deferred until 2010. "My problem is that I want to change offices and start my training contract in London. My perceptions of the legal world have changed drastically since applying for TCs towards the end of my second year at university and I now feel that the level of work which is available in London is more suited to my professional aspirations for the future.
“I secured a training contract with a regional office of a large international firm back in 2007 to start in 2009 but, as expected, I have been deferred until 2010.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651