Top UK firms engaging in debate as clients push for real ground on billing
If the general message from hard-pressed clients is that they are expecting real ground on costs this year from advisers, research from Legal Week suggests that the message is getting through to private practice. General information on billing policies from the UK's 10 largest law firms by revenue, reveals that at least half of the group have put in effect blanket freezes in charge-out rates this year with DLA Piper, Herbert Smith, Eversheds and Ashurst all confirming they have put benchmark rates on hold.
Legal Week research highlights the efforts UK firms are making to offer more creative billing arrangements
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651