Kirkland bankruptcy team defects to Jones Day
Seven Kirkland & Ellis lawyers have quit the firm's Los Angeles office to join Jones Day, reports The Am Law Daily. Kirkland's West Coast restructuring group head Richard Wynne, partner Bennett Spiegel, of counsel Erin Brady and Lori Sinanyan, and associates Christopher Healey, Stacie Torres, and Lance Miller will all join Jones Day's Los Angeles office, with the exception of Miller, who is based in New York. The lateral hires leave Kirkland with only three restructuring lawyers in Los Angeles. Wynne said the idea of leaving Kirkland had been "percolating" in his head for six months, but that he and the other lawyers were only interested in moving as a group.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651