Charles Russell wins role on £900m mining listing
Charles Russell has won a role opposite Norton Rose and Linklaters advising on the main market listing of newly-merged company Peter Hambro Mining (PHM) for nearly £900m. Charles Russell corporate partner Alexander Keepin advised JP Morgan Cazenove and Canaccord Adams as joint sponsors to Russia's secondlargest gold producer PHM on its listing on the London Stock Exchange.
Charles Russell has won a role opposite Norton Rose and Linklaters advising on the main market listing of newly-merged company Peter Hambro Mining (PHM) for nearly £900m.
Charles Russell corporate partner Alexander Keepin advised JP Morgan Cazenove and Canaccord Adams as joint sponsors to Russia’s secondlargest gold producer PHM on its listing on the London Stock Exchange.
The main market listing follows PHM’s acquisition of iron ore company Aricom earlier this year, in a deal that brought the companies back into one entity following their previous demerger in 2003.
Charles Russell has a long history of advising JP Morgan and Canaccord in connection with both PHM and Aricom, with past mandates including a $104m (£70.4m) capital raising for PHM in 2007 as well as both PHM and Aricom’s previous admissions to the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) in April 2002 and December 2003 respectively.
Norton Rose corporate finance partner Simon FT Cox advised PHM while Linklaters corporate partner Charlie Jacobs advised Aricom.
The acquisition and market listing – which gave the merged entity a market capitalisation of £890m – both completed last week (22 April).
Keepin commented: “Having first acted for PHM on its admission to AIM in 2002, it is good to see it making such a significant acquisition and moving to the main market, particularly in the current market.”
Cox said: “It was quite a challenge to get the logistics of both substantial exercises coinciding at the same time.”
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651