Beachcroft boosts disputes in promotions round
Beachcroft has made up nine new partners in its 2009 promotion round, with the firm's dispute resolution group gaining the lion's share.Five lawyers have been made up in the Bristol heavyweight's dispute resolution group, with the firm's commercial group gaining two new partners and employment and corporate one apiece. Geographically, Leeds gained the most promotions with four new partners, while Bristol and London gained two partners each, with Manchester picking up one.
Beachcroft has made up nine new partners in its 2009 promotion round, with the firm’s dispute resolution group gaining the lion’s share.
Five lawyers have been made up in the firm’s dispute resolution group, with the commercial group gaining two new partners and employment and corporate one apiece.
Geographically, Leeds gained the most promotions with four new partners, while Bristol and London gained two partners each, with Manchester picking up one.
The promotions, which take effect from 1 May and will boost the firm’s partnership to 145, mark an increase on last year’s promotions round when only six lawyers were made up.
In addition to its partner promotions, Beachcroft has promoted 16 lawyers to its associate ranks, down from 22 last year.
Beachcroft managing partner Paul Murray (pictured) commented: “Beachcroft is continuing to implement a planned programme of targeted growth in our key business areas, despite the current business climate. While many other law firms are resorting to significant programmes of job losses and/or salary cuts, we have opened a new office in Dublin to serve some of our large insurer clients and we continue to expand our team in Newcastle with the recent appointment of employment partner Guy Bredenkamp.”
He added: “We have not been immune to some of the effects of the current downturn, but we always have a strong desire to keep Beachcroft people in Beachcroft.”
Last week Hammonds announced its promotions with the addition of six new partners, while Nabarro made up three and Ashurst made up 10.
Beachcroft partner promotions in full
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651