Latham and Jones Day head up $600m Satyam auction
Latham & Watkins and Jones Day have won lead roles on the Indian Government-sponsored auction for outsourcing firm Satyam Computer Services, reports The Am Law Daily.On Monday (13 April), the scandal-plagued company announced the sale of a 51% stake in its business to Indian telecommunications company Tech Mahindra in a deal valued at nearly $600m (£403m).Hyderabad-based Satyam found itself on the verge of collapse in early January after founder and former chairman Ramalinga Raju admitted to board members that the company's accounts had been falsified. Last week India's Central Bureau of Investigation charged nine people - including Raju and two of Satyam's outside auditors from PricewaterhouseCoopers - with forgery and fraud.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651