Linklaters confirms Shao as new Asia chief
Linklaters has named a new Asia managing partner. Zili Shao, presently the Shanghai-based head of the magic circle law firm's China practice will relocate to Hong Kong to take on the regional role, effective as of 1 May. As Asia managing partner, Shao will join Linklaters' executive committee. Shao is succeeding Giles White, who is leaving the firm at the end of the month to become group general counsel for Jardine Matheson, the Hong Kong conglomerate and longtime Linklaters client.Shao joined Linklaters as a partner in 1998, launching the firm's Shanghai arm the same year. He also spearheaded the firm's opening in Beijing in 2001. Before joining Linklaters, Shao was a partner in Hong Kong and Sydney for Allen Allen & Hemsley, one of the predecessor firms to Allens Arthur Robinson.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651