HSBC offshore legal team in Malaysia gets go-ahead
HSBC has established an offshore legal team in Malaysia following a successful pilot scheme last year.The bank piloted the scheme last February, sending a team of four lawyers to its global service centre in Kuala Lumpur to assist the team in the UK, with the Malaysian group largely dealing with volume legal queries.Following the trial, the bank is establishing a permanent team based in the region, with five additional lawyers joining the function. The bank is one of the first financial institutions to establish an offshore legal team.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651