Elite trio lead on $666m drinks company sell-off
Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Slaughter and May and Mayer Brown have taken lead roles on the $666.5m (£458m) sale of Anheuser-Busch InBev's 20% stake in China's Tsingtao Brewery to Japan's Asahi Breweries.ABInBev, the world's largest brewer, will retain a 7% stake in Tsingtao, the second-largest brewer in China. The deal, which was announced on 23 January, follows InBev's $52bn (£35.7bn) acquisition of Anheuser-Busch last year. The Freshfields team representing ABInBev was led by Robert Ashworth, Freshfields' Hong Kong-based Asia corporate head, and China managing partner Teresa Ko, who is also based in Hong Kong.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651