CC cuts five-strong billings team in new shake-up
Clifford Chance (CC) has restructured its billings function with the loss of five jobs in London, it has emerged. The firm confirmed that five non-legal positions have been lost as part of the November overhaul of the function, which oversees billing rates and processes for the firm. A CC spokesperson said the restructuring of the billings team was a "relatively normal process" which "happens all of the time".However, the loss of the veteran billing staff has been questioned outside the firm at a time when clients are demanding more rigorous billing practices from City firms in general.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651