Links takes top spot in 2008 global M&A rankings
Linklaters has stormed to the top of Mergermarket's 2008 deal rankings, heading the value tables globally as well as in Europe, the UK and the Asia-Pacific region. The firm also boosted its position in the volume rankings - leading the tables in Europe and coming within the top three in the UK and globally, where DLA Piper topped the listings. The magic circle firm worked on 267 deals globally worth $728.5bn (£482.3m) to knock Sullivan & Cromwell off the top of the worldwide value rankings, with the Wall Street leader coming second after working on $611.7bn (£404.83bn) worth of M&A activity.Linklaters worked on nine of the year's top 15 global deals including the now collapsed $190.3bn (£125.9bn) mega-bid by mining giant BHP Billiton for Rio Tinto and the $44.3bn ($29.4bn) takeover of Merrill Lynch by Bank of America.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651