Job cuts continue as OC, Mishcons and Walker Morris lay off staff
Mishcon de Reya, Osborne Clarke and Walker Morris are the latest firms to feel the pinch, with all three conducting redundancy consultations.London-based Mishcons' consultation is thought to include both partners and fee earners, although the firm has refused to comment on the number of positions under review or the staff involved. The proposed cuts are part of a wider review of the business as a result of the market downturn. The firm, which has around 55 partners and more than 135 lawyers, announced in July that its profits per equity partner for the 2007-08 financial year had increased by just 1.7% to £710,000, having grown by 70% the previous year, attributing the drop to investments.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651