Beringer calls for rethink of measures of success
Former Allen & Overy (A&O) senior partner Guy Beringer has called for law firms to grasp the opportunity to redefine their notions of success in the wake of the credit crisis. Speaking in his acceptance speech for the City of London Law Society Lifetime Achievement Award at the 2008 British Legal Awards, Beringer outlined his advice for law firms facing a challenging year ahead of them.He said: "One of the things I have tried to steer people away from is definitions of success which relied largely on them comparing themselves financially to others, which always seemed as a measure doomed to failure."
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651