A landscape that's changed forever
The mantra of responsible investors is diversify. Don't be too heavily committed to one sector or one type of investment. A balanced portfolio is the key to success. In the good times, you won't get the spectacular results but in the bad times you'll avoid painful losses.But many of the top US law firms have ignored - even flouted - that rule. Few firms are as focused on one sector as the big Wall Street law firms are on financial institutions. In past downturns, no one questioned that the premier firms would fare just fine. They were too prestigious, too wealthy, too strong. But this downturn, everyone agrees, is different. This time, should the big New York law firms be worried?
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651