BVC you later
There has been a widespread uneasiness surrounding entry to the Bar for many years now. Providers of the Bar Vocational Course (BVC) have been criticised for consistently accepting large numbers of students who have no realistic prospect of going on to practice as barristers. With BVC fees high - over £14,000 at some providers - and pupillage numbers declining, there is an increasing feeling that the present status quo should not be allowed to continue.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651