Addleshaws secures funding for £50m litigation
Addleshaw Goddard has joined forces with a host of top names in the litigation funding market to launch a £50m action on behalf of a group of claimants against a London law firm. Addleshaws and three funders have signed up around 500 individuals to bring the claim against the law firm and a foreign business national over advice they gave on technology investment schemes, which they claim were unsuccessful.The group action, which is still to be filed, is being funded through a groundbreaking financial litigation package combining conditional fee agreements, after-the-event insurance (ATE) and third-party funding.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651