McGrigors revamps leadership and recruits brace of partners
Big four Scots firm McGrigors has bolstered its ranks with two lateral partner hires and a new chief operating officer (COO).The firm is strengthening its restructuring expertise with the hire of Reed Smith's European head of corporate restructuring and bankruptcy, Mark Parkhouse. Parkhouse, who focuses on Serious Fraud Office and offshore fraud cases as well as cross-border and domestic turnaround and recoveries work, is set to join the London office this week as a partner in the corporate team. The firm is also adding to its Scottish non-contentious corporate recovery capability with the hire of Pamela Muir from HBJ Gately Wareing as a director in the Glasgow office. Separately, DLA Piper's UK real estate finance head, John Maciver, is set to join McGrigors as a partner in the Edinburgh office later this year. Maciver, who is also DLA Piper's finance and projects head for Scotland, advises on all aspects of banking and finance and will focus on Scottish real estate and leveraged finance work as well as project finance and securitisation matters. Meanwhile, McGrigors has appointed a new COO to oversee its finance, facilities, human resources and IT departments. Tim Salmon joins from Barlow Lyde & Gilbert where he was head of performance management. He has previously served as finance director at Richards Butler and chief financial officer at Arthur Andersen, during which time he oversaw Andersen Legal firms Dundas & Wilson and Garretts. Salmon replaces interim COO Chris West who stepped into the role following the departure of Tim Wilcock last year to US company AAI Pharma.McGrigors managing partner Richard Master said: "The timings of the hires have been particularly good for the firm - especially on the corporate recovery side where we will now have a national presence. We will look to make further hires, especially in the markets where we expect to see high levels of activity."
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651