Orrick adds to City partner count with Dentons recruit
The London arm of Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe has boosted its project finance team with the hire of a partner from Denton Wilde Sapte.Elisabeth Gaunt's hire takes Orrick's London projects group to five partners, and the office to 20 partners in total. Gaunt, who joined Dentons in 1992 as a partner, has a practice focusing on the telecoms and energy sector. She has acted for clients including Nokia, Millicom International Cellular, Citi and ABN Amro in the past.Gaunt told Legal Week: "The move represents a fresh challenge for me - the global platform that the firm offers is one of the major draws for coming here."Martin Bartlam, head of Orrick's London office, said: "We are very pleased that [Gaunt] is joining us as her capability is a significant boost to the London office."The hire is Orrick's third partner-level appointment so far this year in the City. In May, Mark Fennessey joined from the London office of US rival Hunton & Williams and in February corporate veteran Hilary Winter came from Jones Day. The firm has also been actively expanding in Europe, opening in Germany through a merger with national independent Hoelters & Elsing
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651