Wragges picks up HBJ chairman as partner
Wragge & Co has hired HBJ Gateley Wareing chairman Bijan Sedghi as a corporate partner.Sedghi is expected to join the Birmingham-based law firm at the end of November after officially leaving his post at HBJ on 31 October.Sedghi joins Wragges two years into a three-year term as HBJ chairman after joining the firm in October 2006. He told Legal Week: "At HBJ we made good progress with my three-year assignment as chairman and the primary objectives of my term were completed a year ahead of schedule. At Wragges I will be using my experience, coupled with my network of contacts, to try and improve deal flow and deal origination." Wragges senior partner Quentin Poole added: "Sedghi has experience in deal generation and excels at seeking out merger and acquisition candidates [for clients]. "He will work with us, and our client base, creating new deals and opportunities. His hire is part of a move to make our corporate group more entrepreneurial."The hire follows the appointment of two partners to head up Wragges' Munich office, which is set to open later this year.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651