Geffen and Sparrow fight for Ashurst SP role
Ashurst private equity head Charlie Geffen and litigation partner Ed Sparrow are going head-to-head to take over from Geoffrey Green (pictured) as the firm's new senior partner. Voting has kicked off at the top 10 City firm after the pair officially confirmed their intention to stand for the role. Geffen has long been linked to the senior partner position but, as previously reported by Legal Week, Sparrow only emerged as a serious contender earlier this year. The partnership is expected to finish voting by 22 September with Green's successor to be confirmed shortly after.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651