Kirkland boosts City tax team with Weil hire
Kirkland & Ellis has added to its London tax practice with the hire of Jane Scobie from US rival Weil Gotshal & Manges. Scobie, who was a senior associate at Weil Gotshal, will become the third partner in Kirkland's City tax group alongside Ian Taplin and John Baldry. Her practice focuses on private equity, including company takeovers and corporate restructuringsTaplin, the head of Kirkland's European tax practice, was hired by Kirkland to launch the practice in 2003, moving from accountancy giant PricewaterhouseCoopers. Baldry joined the firm from Weil Gotshal in 2006 where he was counsel in the tax practice.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651