Freshfields and A&O score lead roles on Union Fenosa's E19bn acquisition
Allen & Overy (A&O) and Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer have landed leading roles on Gas Natural's E19bn (£15bn) takeover bid for Spanish energy rival Union Fenosa. The deal will mean Freshfields reprising a role for longstanding client Gas Natural while A&O is acting for the banks financing the acquisition through a E19bn (£15bn) syndicated loan.Freshfields is fielding a team from both its Spanish and UK offices, with M&A partner Armando Albarran leading a team in Madrid advising the gas giant. The team also includes finance partner Inaki Gabilondo, antitrust partner Alvaro Iza and Spanish chief Miguel Klingenberg. Meanwhile, leveraged finance partner Sean Pierce is advising in London.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651