Regional firms unveil latest rates for NQs
Osborne Clarke, Cobbetts and Beachcroft have become the latest regional outfits to unveil associate salary rates for the coming year.Osborne Clarke has raised its newly-qualified (NQ) rates in the City to £63,500 - an increase of just £500 on last year. Lawyers in the Thames Valley and Bristol offices will also see salaries increase by £500 to £50,500 and £41,500 respectively - rises of approximately 1%. Beachroft's bandings put it just behind Osborne Clarke, with London NQs taking home between £50,000 and £60,000, up from £47,500-£52,000 last year. In the regional offices, NQs will receive between £34,000 and £40,000, up from £33,000-£37,000. Meanwhile, Cobbetts has introduced a banding system based on performance and practice areas, which will see it move from last year's NQ flat rate of £37,000 to a new rate of £37,000-£41,000.The salary reviews come on the back of redundancy programmes at both Beachcroft and Cobbetts. Beachcroft recently closed its international practice group (IPG) in a move affecting one partner and five lawyers. Meanwhile, Cobbetts has cut six jobs from its real estate group.News of the regional pay rises comes shortly after City firm Barlow Lyde & Gilbert announced its associate salary rates for this year. The firm has awarded its associates a 5% pay increase, bringing wages up to £61,000 from the previous figure of £58,000.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651