Career Clinic: Do LPC grades matter?
"I have recently had the results of my LPC and have failed Advanced Property. Despite being on course for a commendation, I will now only obtain a pass, even if I do really well in my resit. I am now worried that a pass is going to make it difficult for me to obtain a training contract at a commercial firm, despite my 2:1 from a red-brick University."I have had a successful year in the sport I pursued whilst studying my LPC, culminating with winning a National Championship title - I am wondering whether an active extra-curricular programme may JUST enable me to overcome my academic failings? Any advice?"
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651