Global focus drives UK top 50 as firms weather global crunch
The UK's top law firms have pressed through the initial onslaught of the credit crunch and defied gloomy expectations to achieve double-digit revenue growth for the third year running. Legal Week's 2007-08 results, the first finalised picture of the performance of the UK top 50, demonstrate how the group tapped busy foreign markets to help offset the pronounced global slowdown.Total revenue across the group rose by 14.3% from £10.5bn to just over £12bn, while the top 50 averaged revenue growth of 12.5% to bill an average of £241.9m.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651