US Briefing: Milberg 'to pay $75m to end charges'
Milberg could agree to pay $75m as soon as this week as part of an agreement to resolve criminal charges against the New York firm in the US Government's kickback case, according to a source familiar with the situation. Federal prosecutors have alleged that Milberg and seven of its partners conspired to obtain $251m in attorney fees by paying kickbacks to lead plaintiffs in shareholder and class action lawsuits.
Law.com’s weekly US Briefing brings you the pick of this week’s news, analysis and comment from the States
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651