US Briefing: Holland & Knight cuts 70 staff jobs
Holland & Knight, one of only three law firms on this year's Am Law 100 to report a drop in revenue, is laying off 70 legal secretaries firmwide in a cost-cutting move. Firm brass say the firm has been affected more directly by the economic slowdown than other national and international law firms because its roots are in Florida, which has been more acutely affected by the housing downturn than many other parts of the nation.
Law.com’s weekly US Briefing brings you the pick of this week’s news, analysis and comment from the States
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651