Now Gibson Dunn targeted in Refco fall-out
Gibson Dunn & Crutcher is the latest law firm to be named in a suit stemming from the breakdown of commodities firm Refco, writes The American Lawyer. The action, filed by liquidators and the trustee for Sphinx Funds, a family of funds that collapsed after doing business with Refco, was filed on 8 March in New York trial court. A notice of removal to federal district court in Manhattan was filed by one of the defendants on 28 March.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651