Career Clinic: Is a 2:2 the end of the road?
I am currently taking the Legal Practice Course and I am wondering whether it was worth it. Although I am extremely determined to qualify as a solicitor, I wonder whether there has been anyone who have finished with a 2:2 and got a training contract with a City firm. I have yet to meet anyone who's been in the same boat as me and managed to make it. Most firms require a 2:1 and while I know I have the skills required of a solicitor, will firms give me a chance? Ten or 15 years ago, it was possible - but is it now?
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651