Ex-Juniper GC Berry next to be charged by SEC
The Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) is set to step up its scrutiny on the involvement of US general counsel in the backdating of share options, as Lisa Berry - formerly general counsel at KLA Tencor and Juniper Networks - becomes the latest in-house lawyer to face charges brought by the body. Berry has been charged with routinely backdating option grants from 1997 to 2003, first as general counsel of semiconductor company KLA Tencorand and later as general counsel of Juniper. She is the first person to be charged with backdating malpractice at more than one company.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651