Transparency key in regulatory revamp, says BSB
The Bar Standards Board (BSB) has today (4 May) published its response to the Law Society's long-running consultation on regulatory decisions, underlining the importance of transparency in any new disciplinary system. Replying to the consultation paper issued in January, the body said the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) should be permitted to settle disputes with solicitors as an alternative to disciplinary action, apart from in instances of criminal conduct.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651