UK Legal Department of the Year Winner: Sainsbury's
Corporate counsel are prone to talk about adding value and aligning with the business, Sainsbury's provides an example of a legal department that adds flesh to the platitudes
It has been a year of change for NTL’s legal team, headed up by general counsel Bryan Hall and legal director Robert Mackenzie. The high-profile merger with Telewest, which was completed in March, overlapped with the acquisition of Virgin Mobile, keeping the telecoms company’s transactional lawyers busy indeed. The tie-up with Telewest required Hall and Mackenzie to merge the two companies’ legal departments, something they have accomplished with the creation of four new senior positions focusing on commercial and transactional work.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651