Insolvency: It's bonus time
When a company successfully emerges from the process of restructuring, do the directors deserve bonus payments? Nick Angel and Rita Tetere consider this emotive issue from differing points of view
It is becoming increasingly common in out of court restructurings for directors to award themselves substantial bonuses for seeing a restructuring through successfully. This often seems counter-intuitive. Surely directors who have led their company into trouble do not deserve what they are being paid, let alone more?
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651