Law In Business: Talent contest
Commercial firms have been fighting over the best available talent since time immemorial. Yet ensuring the best individuals make it up the partnership ladder has never been harder, argues Chris Parsons
Recent front-page newspaper coverage of the so-called ‘war for talent’ in the legal sector was in itself nothing new. We all know how difficult it can be attracting the right people into our firms when everyone else in your industry is trying to do the same. However, over the past few years there has been a marked shift in the nature of the challenge. Just how do you ensure that top talent really does make it to partnership?
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651