employment law: Employers should be aware of the Work and Families Bill and fresh guidance on tackling discrimination in the workplace
One of the most significant pieces of legislation awaiting implementation is the Work and Families Bill, published on 19 October, 2005. Expected to come into force in April 2007, the Bill will result in changes to the length of leave for statutory maternity, paternity and adoption leave as well as introduce transferability of maternity leave from mother to father.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651