Property, Planning & Construction: Building relationships
The construction industry has been dogged by disputes over payment practices. A Government consultation on the topic goes some way to resolving differences, writes Anna Rabin
On Valentine’s Day 2006, the Right Honourable Alun Michael MP compared the construction industry to “a multi-dimensional marriage” in his keynote address to the Department of Trade and Industry’s (DTI’s) post-consultation conference on improving payment practices in the construction industry. Others were, I am sure, wondering if the conference was going to bear any similarities to the infamous Valentine’s Day Massacre of 1929.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651