Indemnity: Clarity for an old friend
A recent ruling has played a crucial role in how professional indemnity cases are resolved. But has the decision brought clarification or merely muddied the waters?
A recent ruling has changed the landscape in professional indemnity. After many years of keeping a low profile, the courts have been busy in the past year or so considering s10 Limitation Act 1980 (LA) and s1 Civil Liability (Contribution) Act 1978 (CA). On one crucial issue we now have clarity. On another, the window now appears less transparent.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651