Judical Appoints Commission Revealed
The Government has unveiled the members of the inaugural Judicial Appointments Commission (JAC), the body which will take responsibility for appointing judges in England and Wales. Brick Court Chambers’ joint head Jonathan Sumption QC and former Law Society President Edward Nally have been named as the two professional members of the new independent 14-member body. Senior appeals judge Lord Justice Sir Robin Auld is one of four judicial members, while Professor Hazel Genn, a law professor at University College London, is the most high profile of four lay members in the new body.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651