Having been a member of Dell's legal team for 12 years, Richard Norman has seen the company grow twenty times over. The consequences for the legal team have been to transform the role of the in-house counsel at the computer manufacturing giant. Ed Thornton talks to the company's EMEA head of legal
When Richard Norman joined computer manufacturer Dell in 1993 a puzzled colleague came up to him and said: “I did not know we had legal problems.”
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651