The Bar: Bias fears over silk selection
The Chancery and commercial Bar questions make-up of QC panel; Atkin Chambers presented with prestigious award; and Herbert Smith moves to soothe Bar fears over advocacy move. Caroline Grimshaw reports
After months of waiting, the Bar Council and the Law Society have unveiled the new nine-member independent selection panel charged with considering applications for the award of Queen’s Counsel (QC). The new selection procedure is expected to get under way imminently.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651