Macfarlanes takes lead on £7bn Allied Domecq bid
Macfarlanes has sealed the prestigious lead role advising French spirits giant Pernod Ricard on its expected £7bn bid for Allied Domecq, the industry's third biggest company.Pernod has approached Allied in tandem with US outfit Fortune Brands, which would be a secondary partner in a takeover. A deal would see Allied brands like Beefeater gin and Malibu rum and Pernod's Jameson whiskey and Jacob's Creek wines come together.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651