Legal Disciplinary Practices: Big bang or damp squib?
Legal consultant and former Clifford Chance and Andersen Legal managing partner Tony Williams gives his take on the impact the Clementi reforms will have on the UK legal profession
With the Clementi Report now published, it is possible to envisage the impact this will have on the legal profession in the medium term. The changes will not be immediate. A White Paper needs to be published by the Government and it will require a major commitment for this to occur before the next General Election. At best, primary legislation will be passed in 2006, with the detailed implementing regulations coming into effect in 2007. Accordingly, the profession has ample time to adapt to the new environment.
This premium content is reserved for
Legal Week Subscribers.
Subscribe today and get 10% off.
A PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PROVIDES:
- Trusted insight, news and analysis from the UK and across the globe
- Connections to senior business lawyers within the leading law firms and legal departments
- Unique access to ALM's unrivalled, market-leading reporting in the US and Asia and cutting-edge research, including Legal Week's UK Top 50 and Global 100 rankings
- The Legal Week Daily News Alert, Editor's Highlights, and Breaking News digital newsletters and more, plus a choice of over 70 ALM newsletters
- Optimized access on all of your devices: desktop, tablet and mobile
- Complete access to the site's full archive of more than 56,000 articles
Already have an account? Sign In Now
For enterprise-wide or corporate enquiries, please contact Paul Reeves on Preeves@alm.com or call on +44 (0) 203 875 0651